The 1st grade rules are a great start and offer some suggestions. Rules like "I will be nice" and "I will use good manners" are worth calling out because teams sometimes forget the basics when deadlines and other pressures mount. Many of the other rules can be adapted to professional environments -
- I will listen when someone is talking - Very important to remind people to truly listen to what is being asked and to stay on topic
- I will raise my hand to talk - I will listen first and won't cut off my colleague.
- I will always try my best - to stay focused on the agenda and make valuable contributions
- I will keep my desk clean - by shutting off phones, tablets, and laptops during the meeting
- I will practice reading every night - and make sure I come prepared for the meeting
- I will help my friend or teacher - by following meeting protocols and practices to insure that the agenda is addressed.