I focused on events in the United States (MVP) and aggregated almost 250 events targeting CIO and other data, digital, and technology leaders.
It took some time to put together what I think is a reasonable, but not comprehensive list. I then used Trifacta to merge and cleanse the data, added a dimension on "topics" and developed a Tableau dashboard to review.
Here is the CIO 2017 Events Dashboard. To use the dashboard, click on the map for your location and use the bar charts to drill down by topic, timing, and sponsor. In the grid, click on the Event Name to get to the event's website.
|Click the image to see 250+ 2017 events for CIO, CTO, Chief Digital Officers and Chief Data Officers|
Insights into Event Topics
- Chief Digital Officers should look at events under Digital Transformation, Digital Marketing, Customer Experience and Innovation.
- Chief Data Officers should look at events under Big Data which also includes events on analytics, data science, and data management.
- Emerging topics include blockchain, AI, IoT, Wearables, and innovation.
- DevOps includes cloud conferences. All other IT operations such as data centers and service desk are covered under Operations. Security is a separate topic.
- Events from leading technology vendors are under the topic Technology.
- There are separate topics for enterprise architecture, software development, and mobile.